Thursday, September 5, 2019

Christmas Chickens

I'm back today with another card featuring the Birds of a Feather stamp set. I think my favorite bird in this set is the chicken. He's meant for Valentine's Day, but I have lots of other plans for that little bird! Take a look at my card:




I used a technique called masking to stamp the three chickens in a row. Stamp your image on a post it note, then fussy cut at least part of it right on the black line. When you place your post it image over the stamped image and then stamp again, the part that is "behind" will get stamped on the post it. Cool, right? I haven't used this technique in a long time, but I needed a flock of chickens to go with my sentiment!




I used my Dark Real Red Stampin' Blends Marker to color the Silver Metallic Edge Ribbon, and finished off the card with some Holiday Rhinestones. Leave a comment and let me know what you think!







Stamps: Birds of a Feather
Ink: Memento Black, Stampin' Blends: Dark Real Red, Dark Mango Melody, Light Flirty Flamingo, Ivory
Paper: Coastal Cabana, Whisper White, Real Red, Let it Snow Specialty DSP
Embellishments: Holiday Rhinestones, Silver Metallic Edge Ribbon
Tools: Rectangle Stitched Dies, Die Cutting Machine
Adhesives: SNAIL, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dots


Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment