Sunday, March 5, 2023

Creation Station: Ink Blending

 

It's time for the Creation Station Design Team blog hop, and this month our theme is Ink Blending. I've been wanting to do some ink blending on the Like An Animal Specialty Designer Series Paper, so this was the perfect time to try it out!
 

My oldest daughter loves cheetahs, so I pulled out the gold cheetah print pattern and my Polished Pink ink. I used a Blending Brush to gradually add ink to the paper, starting at the bottom and working my way up. This is how you get that ombre effect, and you can just keep adding ink until you're happy with how it looks.
 


I also used a few products from the Enjoy the Journey Suite on my card - the other layer of pink patterned paper is the Enjoy the Journey Designer Series Paper, and the sentiment comes from the Greatest Journey stamp set. I heat embossed it in black for a really striking look.
 
 

Here is a full list of products used on my card:
Stamps: Greatest Journey
Ink: Polished Pink
Paper: Basic Black, Polished Pink, Brushed Metallic Cardstock, Enjoy the Journey Designer Series Paper, Like An Animal Specialty Designer Series Paper
Embellishments: Baker's Twine Essentials Pack, Simply Elegant Trim, Matte Black Dots
Tools: Blending Brush, Versamark, Basics Embossing Powders, Heat Tool, Stylish Shapes Dies, Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
Adhesives: Stampin' Seal+, Mini Glue Dots
 

Thank you for stopping by today! Be sure to hop along and see what the rest of the team has created. Up next is Yvonne Spikmans - Van Bruggen. I can't wait to see what she has created!
 


Happy Stamping!
Rachel

4 comments:

  1. What a fun background! And I love that sentiment, I hadn't noticed it previously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this! I'm a huge fan of animal print, so of course I had to purchase this pack right off. I had not thought of brushing the color on the metallic sides. My gosh, a whole new bunch of inspiration has just been opened up to me! Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it's so fun to add color. I saw someone else do one with several bright colors that reminded me of Lisa Frank patterns from when I was a girl.

      Delete