Monday, February 15, 2021

Sending Hearts: More Alternative Projects

It's after Valentine's Day, I know. But I wanted to share the rest of the projects I made with January's Paper Pumpkin kit, Sending Hearts, and the Little Love Boxes Add-On. And let's be honest, sometimes things get done last minute in my world, and I ran out of time to share these last week. 

First up, this is what I did for my kids' teachers. I bought them each a box of chocolates, and then fancied up the top of the box. I only snapped a photo of one of them - but you'll get the idea.
 

I used the stamp set from the Sending Hearts kit to stamp the XOXO on the background. The heart stamp is from the Snailed It stamp set. I used the Many Hearts Dies, the Playful Alphabet Dies, and the Snail Dies to cut that cute snail out of the Snail Mail DSP. The ribbon is leftover from the August-December Mini Catalog, but the red worked perfectly for Valentine's Day! The box was finished off with some of the heart embellishments from the Sending Hearts kit.

Next up, I made matchbox holders for the valentines my kids handed out to their friends. We picked up a large box of heart-shaped fruit snacks at Aldi (side note: I am super excited that we just got this store here in Arizona!) for them to hand out.
 

I used the little die-cut snails from the Little Love Boxes Add-On to decorate, and a stamp from the kit for the sentiment. So cute! I punched a heart out of the Snail Mail DSP with the Heart Punch Pack, and the stitched white piece is from the Snail Dies. We made Petal Pink holders for the girls and Pool Party holders for the boys. When I ran out of snail die-cuts, I used the stamp from the kit to stamp some more and colored with Stampin' Blends Markers, then fussy cut. I used up that Real Red Sheer Ribbon, then used up another red ribbon from the holidays, and finally finished up a few with the current Pool Party Sheer Ribbon. Again, I didn't get photos of everything, but here are a few more.
 


Finally, I used some of the Little Love Boxes as treat holders for the rest of the teachers at my kids' school. We put two Reese's hearts or two Hershey's strawberry creme hearts inside of each one.
 

I used Purple Posy cardstock for a belly band and the scalloped heart in the background. My first plan was to use Magenta Madness for the whole thing, but that has been my favorite color recently, and I was all out of Magenta Madness cardstock! The stamp is from the Heartfelt stamp set - my favorite set for Valentine's Day this year. 
 


Even though Valentine's Day has passed, I hope you enjoyed these projects! I'll have one more card to share with you this week that I made my husband for Valentine's Day, so make sure to check back!

Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment