Friday, February 5, 2021

January 2021 Paper Pumpkin: Sending Hearts

One of my goals this year is to get my Paper Pumpkin kits put together every month. I so love getting these boxes in the mail every month, but after my second son was born (over five YEARS ago!), I got a little behind. I've put them together here and there, but I have a pile of boxes. Some half done, some brand new, some fully done with the cards still sitting in the box. So this year, I am resolving to put the kits together shortly after I get them, share the projects with you here, and then send the cards or gift the gifts to people I love.

January's kit was perfect for Valentine's Day, and honestly the cards could be sent to anyone you love anytime, just to show them you care. I put two together the way they were intended, and then had a little bit of fun with the rest. I also ordered the add-on, which included die cut snails and labels, plus 24 little boxes. I was thinking of using the boxes for my kids' classroom valentines, but I'm a few short, so I'm coming up with another plan for those. Stay tuned! Here are the cards I created:
 
These cards were put together as intended. So cute! 
 

For this one, I used three of the snail die-cuts from the add-on. I cut a piece off of one of the card bases, and added in some Poppy Parade and Basic White cardstock.
 
 
This next one is pretty similar to the original, but I used Petal Pink and Memento Black inks instead of Poppy Parade. I also switched the card bases around and used the Petal Pink base instead of the Poppy Parade.
 

I think this is my favorite of all of the cards! I added in some Poppy Parade and Basic White cardstock again. I used another piece from the Poppy Parade card base in the kit, stamped along the bottom of the card, trimmed one of the black scalloped pieces to fit, and added a few Matte Black Dots instead of using the Petal Pink embellishments that were included in the kit.
 

For this card, I used another snail die-cut from the add-on. Instead of stamping the large heart image, I placed the snail inside the gold heart and stamped the sentiment there as well. Simple and cute!
 

Next, I added a snail die-cut on the mailbox piece. I left the ribbon off and switched out the sentiment on the label for the large love die-cut. 
 

For this one, I switched out the Poppy Parade ink for Petal Pink and Memento Black. Instead of using the Petal Pink embellishments, I used a few Matte Black Dots.
 

For my final card, I once again used a die-cut snail from the add-on. I stamped the sentiments right on the mailbox piece. I wrapped the ribbon around and used one of the smaller black scalloped pieces on the bottom instead of the side.
 

I hope you've enjoyed these alternative cards using January's Paper Pumpkin kit! 
 

If you're interested in subscribing to Paper Pumpkin, you can read more about it here. Here's a little peek at February's kit:
 

You'll need to subscribe by February 10 to get the kit pictured above.

Happy Stamping!
Rachel

 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment