Wednesday, February 24, 2021

A Touch of Ink: Two Cards

I have TWO cards to share with you today! Both cards feature the stamp set A Touch of Ink, which is free with a $100 purchase during Sale-a-bration. 
 

If you look carefully at the butterfly and the hummingbird, you can see that I used the same technique on both images. The stamp set comes with an outline image for each, plus a solid watercolor image to stamp and "color". Don't you just love two step stamping? First, I stamped the outline for each image. Then, I stamped the solid watercolor image in Seaside Spray ink. For the butterfly, I rolled the edge of the stamp in Misty Moonlight ink, and for the hummingbird, I rolled the edge in Highland Heather ink. I call it the "rock and roll" technique. Is that the technical name? I don't know, but it works!
 


I used two Designer Series Papers for these cards - the Hydrangea Hill paper and the In Good Taste paper. Aren't they perfect? I could have made many more cards with these papers and stamp set, but there's only so much stamping time in one day. 
 


Here is a full list of supplies I used on these cards:
Stamps: A Touch of Ink
Ink: Memento Black, Seaside Spray, Misty Moonlight, Highland Heather
Paper: Thick Basic White, Basic White, Gorgeous Grape, Misty Moonlight, Hydrangea Hill DSP, In Good Taste DSP
Embellishments: Flowers for Every Season Ribbon Combo Pack, Gorgeous Grape Sheer Ribbon, Opal Rounds
Tools: Versamark, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Rectangle Stitched Dies, Layering Circles Dies, Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
Adhesives: Stampin' Seal, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment