Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Have a Hoot on Christmas

Have you seen the recent trend of slimline cards? A few weeks ago, I was involved in a demonstrator event, and I created some display samples using the Have a Hoot Bundle. For one of the cards, I decided to try my hand at a slimline card, and here are the results:
 

One of the best parts is the inside of the card:
 

I masked the word 'Halloween' on the sentiment and then masked 'Merry' and stamped 'Christmas' in place of 'Halloween'. This gives you even more options for this stamp set!
 
I also did a little bit of masking on the front of the card. I masked either half of the stamp with four little owls so that I could fit two each on the small tags. I also masked the spider on the second owl to remove the Halloween element. The owls are colored just a bit with the Ivory Stampin' Blends Marker. 
 


I used quite a few different products on this card. Here is a full list:
 
Stamps: Have a Hoot
Ink: Memento Black, Highland Heather, Stampin' Blends: Balmy Blue, Highland Heather, Soft Suede, Shaded Spruce, Melon Mambo, Ivory
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Whisper White, Snowflake Splendor DSP
Embellishments: Rhinestones, Blue Adhesive-Backed Gems, Snowflake Splendor Ribbon
Tools: Peek-a-Hoot Dies
Adhesives: Stampin' Seal, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots
 
If you'd like to try your hand at a slimline card, mine measured 8 1/2" x 7", and then fold in half so your finished card is 8 1/2" x 3 1/2". This will fit in a business-size envelope. Comment and let me know if you've ever made a slimline card before!
 
Happy Stamping!
Rachel 

No comments:

Post a Comment