Friday, March 27, 2020

So Very Vellum with Under My Umbrella

I have TWO cards to share with you today! One of these is a card we made at my last card class, and the other was a card with basically the same layout that I created for a friend who needed a baby shower card. Both cards feature the So Very Vellum paper that you can get for free during Sale-a-bration, plus the Under My Umbrella stamp set. My intention was to create a third card using the Soft Sea Foam vellum, but I just haven't found the time this week. Being quarantined to your house is supposed to give you more time, right? Well, I'm not finding that true at my house. Here are the two cards side by side.




Here's a tip: if you find a layout you like for a card, use it on several cards and just change some of the elements! This was the first card I created for my card class.



I used the Pleased as Punch paper for the umbrella on this one, and the Woven Threads Sequins for a little embellishment.

Right around the time of my card class, a friend asked if I could make her a card for a baby shower she was invited to. Of course I said yes, and I used the same layout to make creating easy. I still used the Pleased as Punch paper for the umbrella, but this time I stamped and colored flowers with my Stampin' Blends Markers, and then fussy cut them and added them to the umbrella. I added a few Silver Glimmer hearts cut with the Be Mine Stitched Dies to go along with the sentiment, 'Showered with Love'.



Which card do you like better? I'm partial to the purple one, because it's my favorite color!




I hope you are getting more crafting time than me these days. If you are looking for more crafty supplies, check out the BOGO Sale I'm hosting in my Facebook group, now through March 31. I'm offering extra freebies the more you spend, PLUS you'll earn Sale-a-bration rewards too! Here's a list of supplies I used on today's cards:

Stamps: Under My Umbrella
Ink: Memento Black, Stampin' Blends: Dark Purple Posy, Dark Pool Party, Light & Dark Granny Apple Green
Paper: Purple Posy, Whisper White, Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Balmy Blue, Pleased as Punch DSP, So Very Vellum DSP
Embellishments: Woven Threads Sequins, Whisper White Baker's Twine
Tools: Umbrella Builder Punch, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Be Mine Stitched Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies
Adhesives: SNAIL, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

Happy Stamping!
Rachel 

No comments:

Post a Comment