Friday, February 16, 2018

Sale-a-bration Round 2: Springtime Foils & Stampin' Blends

Have you picked out your favorite Sale-a-bration items yet? Today, there are 3 BRAND NEW options available, and one of them just might be your new favorite! I used two of the new products on my card today, and I think you are going to love it!






The background for this card was made using the Springtime Foils Specialty DSP, which you can get for free with a $50 purchase. The paper is white with rose gold embossing. Other patterns include gold and silver as well. I colored it with my Stampin' Blends markers. I used light and dark Night of Navy, light Old Olive, and light Pool Party, plus the Color Lifter.




One thing I discovered while coloring was that the Stampin' Blends will color on the foil, and it doesn't rub off like our regular ink. I was able to get quite a bit off with my Color Lifter, but a warning if you try the same. I asked my demonstrator friends, and got some good tips. If you use Stampin' Write Markers or ink pads with a sponge or brayer, you will be able to rub the excess ink off of the foil. Stampin' Blends can be used, but you'll have to take care when coloring. Or use the Color Lifter trick!


The sentiment is from the new stamp set Blossoming Basket. It comes as part of a bundle that you can earn for free with a $100 purchase. The other half of the bundle is the Basket Weave Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.


Overall, this card is pretty simple. The paper really steals the show! If you'd like some for yourself, you can shop in my online store here.


Stamps: Blossoming Basket
Ink: Night of Navy
Paper: Night of Navy, Whisper White, Springtime Foils Specialty DSP (SAB)
Accessories & Tools: Petals & More Thinlits, Big Shot, White Baker's Twine, Stampin' Blends - Light & Dark Night of Navy, Light Old Olive, Light Pool Party, Color Lifter


Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment