Tuesday, June 20, 2017

#TGIFC112: Happy Father's Day!






Am I the only one who procrastinates on making cards that I need to make? Friday afternoon hit, and I knew a Father's Day card had to be made for my husband before he got home from work for the weekend.


Thankfully, I had a few places to draw inspiration from: a card I made for my display samples back in November (see if you can pick it out here!), and this week's TGIF Challenge:



Making a masculine card is hard for me, because I like to add a lot of "girly" touches to my cards, like bows and sparkly embellishments. Sometimes I just can't figure out what to add to complete a masculine card! But I think this one turned out ok. What do you think?







Washi tape is a good go-to embellishment for a masculine card, and my personal opinion is that ribbon or thread is ok, as long as it isn't tied in a bow. Do you have any tips for masculine cards? I would love to hear them! Please share them with us in the comments.


Stamps: Thoughtful Banners
Ink: Dapper Denim, Lemon Lime Twist
Paper: Dapper Denim, Very Vanilla, Foil Frenzy Specialty DSP
Accessories & Tools: Hearts & Stars Elements, Duet Banner Punch, Metallic Gold Thread, Basics Pack 3 Washi Tape


Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment