Monday, October 27, 2014

What to Do When You Don't Love Your Paper Pumpkin Kit

Today is the last day of Paper Pumpkin Week on the blog! I hope you've enjoyed learning more about this great crafty kit, and that you'll consider subscribing yourself, or purchasing a prepaid subscription as a gift for someone on your list this holiday season.

My last post in this series is about one of the concerns that many people have when they sign up for Paper Pumpkin: what if I don't love (or even like) what comes in the kit each month? This is a good question, and hopefully my answers will help you out.

When you sign up for Paper Pumpkin, you go in knowing that the kit is a surprise each month. Even demonstrators do not get a sneak peek ahead of time (with the exception being a sneak peek at convention this year for 2 upcoming kits). Personally, I think the surprise is a part of the fun! I love surprises! If you think about your Paper Pumpkin subscription like a magazine subscription, you don't know exactly what you're going to get out of a magazine each month, but you keep your subscription going because you trust that the content will be something that is relevant to you each month. You can also trust that Stampin' Up! is going to provide you with a quality product each month in your kit (even if you don't use it in the way it was intended).

Some people see the value of the Paper Pumpkin kit in the project that is included. I see it differently. Each month, you get ink and stamps that can be used outside of the project. If you were buying ink and a stamp set, that would almost cover the cost of the kit right there. But then you get a lot of other products as well! My first suggestion if you don't like the project in the kit - do something else with the products in the box! You don't even have to be creative and think of things on your own - Pinterest has TONS of ideas, and I usually post a few on here too. If you think outside the box (pun intended) you can make some great projects!

Most of us make things to give to others, whether it be for a birthday, holiday, or just because. Paper Pumpkin projects are great for gift-giving! If you don't like the project in the kit yourself, make it and give it to someone else! It's sure to brighten their day. OR, give the entire kit to someone as a gift!

Ultimately, if you are really dissatisfied with your Paper Pumpkin kit, you can call Stampin' Up! and they will do what they can to make it right for you. How's that for a great company?!?

Don't forget, today is the last day to enter my giveaway. The winner will be announced tomorrow! I've decided to extend my subscribe and join deal through the end of this week. Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin by Friday, October 31, and pick a FREE item from my retired product grab bag! Join my team as a demonstrator by Friday, October 31, and pick a past Paper Pumpkin kit for FREE! If you join as a demonstrator by Friday, you will also get in on the Pick a Pack of Paper deal, which is AWESOME!

I hope you have a great week - I'll have a new video to share later this week, so watch for that!

Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment