Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Project Life: My Second Attempt

If you remember my first attempt at Project Life, it took a long time for me to put a page together. When I got everything back out to finish up my pictures from a fall hike in 2010, it went much faster! I whipped out 3 more pages plus added a little bit to the first page that I did, all during naptime (which, let me tell you, is not very long some days!). 

Let me tell you something: I am loving Project Life! I wasn't quite sold on it at first, because I really like the look of traditional scrapbook pages. But I've realized that I will never get all of my pictures in a book if I scrapbook them all the traditional way. Project Life allows you to easily slip pictures into an album, and then add as much journaling and embellishment as you want. And you can go back and add more of that later! But at least my pictures are getting in a book. And I am documenting my memories before I completely forget them.

So without further ado, here is what I worked on the second time I tried Project Life:


I added to this card on my first page. I used the Skinny Mini Alphabet stamp set and Basic Gray ink to create the heading, and stickers from the Happiness Is Project Life Accessory Kit. You can see the original page by visiting the link above to my first attempt at Project Life.


This was my next page. I do plan to put a heading in the middle square, but I think the Skinny Mini Alphabet is a little too big for the phrase I want to use, so I'm still thinking about what I want to do there.


The next page was just pictures, which I think is totally acceptable in Project Life scrapbooking. It's possible I made add some stickers or something later, but for now, the pictures are in there and it would be fine as is too.


My last page for the day, and I even did some journaling! The Project Life Journaling Pens are great for this. They come in a 2-pack, two different sizes. I used the skinnier size. I love the little heart and arrow sticker on the bottom picture. The accessory kits make it really easy to add embellishments that coordinate with everything else.

Now that I've gotten into the Project Life groove, I ordered some more pictures (Shutterfly had a Labor Day sale!), and I'm working on an order for more Project Life products as well. I can't wait to share more with you, and I'm so excited to finally get some scrapbooking done! After I did these few pages, I just wanted to keep going (but of course one of my kids woke up).

Happy Stamping!
Rachel

P.S. Stampin' Up! shared with demonstrators yesterday that some additional holiday products will be released in October, including more Project Life items! I can't wait to see what they look like! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment