Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Paper Pumpkin February 2015: Alternate Ideas

Ok, I'm back today with some alternate ideas for the February 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit. I hope you didn't throw away those scraps! My first project uses the leftover Thanks frame from the felt letters. I've seen a few ideas using these, and I thought they would pair perfectly with our new Washi Paper.


I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to fit behind the letters, and then attached strips of the Washi Paper so that they would show through in a pattern behind the cut-outs. Here's what I added for this project: cardstock in Whisper White, Basic Gray, Crushed Curry, and Bermuda Bay, and Washi Paper. That's it! The size of this card is 7 1/2" X 9 1/4", scored at 3 3/4". It fits perfectly in a long envelope.


My second project uses the accordion-folded white cardstock base from the kit. You can get 4 mini cards from it if you cut it into quarters. Or, cut Whisper White cardstock to 3 3/4" X 5 1/2" and score at 2 3/4".


I used the stamps and inks included in the kit to make the 4 cards. The only product added was Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Any black ink pad would work. The 4 cards would fit nicely in one of the kraft boxes to make a cute little gift.


My final card was created using the stamps from the Paper Pumpkin kit, as well as Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, and Whisper White cardstock.


Simple but cute. I love that little polka dot stamp!

I hope these projects have inspired you to keep creating, even once you've used up the contents of your Paper Pumpkin kit.

Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment