Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Simply Stars Congratulations

If only you could see how I sometimes frantically run around making cards during naptime (like I did today), you would understand the messiness of the greeting on this card. But I decided to leave it, for now, to show that I am human and don't get it right the first time all the time. I will have to come up with some fix before I give this card at the end of the month for a graduation, but the rest of the card I am really happy with!

As promised, this is a tweak of Monday's card. I love how the gold embossing turned out on the stars, and that cool background paper. Where did the background paper come from, you ask? It's washi tape! The Watercolor Wonder washi tape is one of my favorites from the Occasions Catalog, and here is another way to use it. It was super simple to line it up, and it only took about 3 strips to cover the paper.

 
It's time to run off frantically again - I have about 20 other things on my to-do list during naptime today. I hope you enjoyed today's card, and don't forget to pick up those retiring items that you want - they're selling out fast!
 
Stamps: Simply Stars, Sweet Essentials
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla
Accessories & Tools: Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Watercolor Wonder Washi Tape, Stampin' Dimensionals
 
Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment