Sunday, January 7, 2024

Creation Station: Fuzzy & Furry

 

Welcome to the first Creation Station Design Team blog hop of 2024! Our theme this month is "Fuzzy & Furry."
 


The first stamp set I thought of when I saw the theme was Fluffiest Friends, and I paired the furry little hamster with the Bright Skies Bundle and the Sunny Days Designer Series Paper. His balloon is helping him to float through the clouds!
 

This Designer Series Paper is free with a $50 purchase during Sale-a-bration, and it is one of my top choices! I used a piece with clouds for the background, and then fussy cut a number of patterned clouds from another sheet to layer on top. There are a few dies in the Bright Skies Bundle that cut out some of the clouds in this paper, but they include stitching, and I decided to create a more uniform look by fussy-cutting all of them. 
 

It was hard to decide what color my hamster should be. I looked around Pinterest for inspiration, but didn't find too many other cards that used the hamster. I colored a few different versions, and finally settled on this. He is colored with Light Wild Wheat in the darker areas, and then layers of Lemon Lolly and Daffodil Delight. 
 

I'm sure the rest of the design team has lots of creative projects to inspire you today. Make sure to hop along and see all of the "fuzzy and furry" friends they've chosen to craft with! Next up is Yvonne Spikmans - Van Bruggen. I always love her crafty combinations!
 

Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment