Sunday, October 2, 2022

Creation Station: Tweets & Treats

I am so excited to be joining the Creation Station Design Team! We hop on the first Sunday of every month, and this month's theme is Tweets & Treats.
 

The only guidelines were a 3D project, not a card. I chose to interpret the "tweet" part very literally and included a sweet little bird in my project.
 

I am a card-maker at heart, and 3D projects need to be quick and easy (and copied from someone else) if I'm going to do them. This candy bar holder is extremely easy and one I learned a year or two ago. All you need is a 6" x 6" piece of patterned paper. Use a strong adhesive, such as Tear & Tape, and apply on two adjacent sides.
 

Wrap the paper around the candy bar, sealing with your adhesive and then pressing the bottom together to seal as well. This will work with any candy bar that is relatively flat. I've used a Hershey bar in this case, but my favorite at this time of year is the king size Reese's pumpkins.
 

While the project itself is simple, I've added some fun details to the tag. I combined two stamp sets - Sweet Songbirds and Best Witches - to create the bird with the witch hat. I masked one of the witch stamps to get just the hat and then fussy cut it and fit it on the bird. 
 

The Adhesive-Backed Stars reminded me of little sparks flying from a spell to go along with the sentiment, "You've put a spell on me." I colored them with my Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends Marker to match the rest of the project.
 

And did you know that you can add color to our vanilla glimmer paper?! This paper is part of a pack with three colors, and the vanilla takes color really well! 
 

I added Orchid Oasis with my Blending Brush. I realized later on that we have Orchid Oasis glimmer paper in another pack... oops! But this was still a good discovery because now I can create any color of glimmer paper that I want. You will want to let the ink dry a little bit, and you will need to use Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere it because any other adhesive slips right off.
 

I hope you have enjoyed my project today, and thank you for hopping along! Next up is the talented Yvonne Spikmans - Van Bruggen!
 

Happy Stamping!
Rachel


1 comment: