Wednesday, June 10, 2015

The Best is Yet to Come

Have you checked out the new hostess sets in this year's catalog yet? If you haven't, it's worth taking a look! During the preorder, demonstrators had the opportunity to purchase up to 2 of the hostess sets at their full value. I had the budget for one, and I was torn between A Whole Lot of Lovely and Best Thoughts, but in the end I decided to go with Best Thoughts.



The reason I chose this set is because of one of the greetings - the best is yet to come. I thought this was the perfect sentiment for the last page of my wedding scrapbook. While my wedding day was one of the greatest days of my life, I think "the best is yet to come" is what everyone hopes for on their wedding day.

I wanted to use this stamp set to make a sample card for my New Catalog Launch Party this weekend, and as I was brainstorming ideas, I thought this sentiment would also be fitting for an anniversary card. This month my husband and I will celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary. While we have had many memorable moments in those 4 years, I'd like to think that some of our "best" moments are yet to come.

The other inspiration for this card was a creative challenge that Stampin' Up! has posed to demonstrators this month. It is a punch challenge, requiring you to use at least 2 of the following punches: Sweetheart Punch, Pansy Punch, Fun Flower Punch, and Hearts Border Punch. The Sweetheart Punch and Hearts Border Punch fit right into my anniversary theme, so from there the card started to take shape!


Don't you like how it turned out? I don't have any "Happy Anniversary" stamps in my collection, but I think this card will be just right to give my husband later this month.

How can you get your hands on the hostess stamp sets? There are two ways: 1) host a party - either at your home or on Facebook to earn Stampin' Rewards OR 2) place an order of $150+ and use your Stampin' Rewards (hostess dollars) for a hostess set. Want more info? Just contact me and I'll be happy to help!

Stamps: Best Thoughts
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Basic Gray
Accessories & Tools: Hearts Framelits Dies (retired - forgot that until now!), Big Shot, Sweetheart Punch, Hearts Border Punch


 
 
 

 
 
 
Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment