Friday, December 12, 2014

The 12 Days of Christmas

I am so, so excited to share this project with you! Last year, I saw a great idea to do the 12 days of Christmas in gifts to my husband. I saw this idea in a few different places, with different ideas of what the gifts should be. If you are interested in doing something similar, I found this post and this one to be helpful.
 
Fast forward to this year's Holiday Supplement, and the perfect stamp set to complete my idea appeared: 12 Days of Christmas! Now I've had this set for awhile, but finally this past week I took the time to make the cards. Ok, I had to make them this week because I am starting the gifts on Sunday and they needed to get done! I guess technically the 12 days of Christmas begin on Christmas Day, but what fun is it to get your gifts after Christmas? I am improvising, and my last gift will be on Christmas Day.
 
Are you ready for a peek? Here are the 12 cards I made to go along with my gifts:
 

So pretty, right? (Can I call cards that are for my husband pretty?) I went with a traditional color scheme and used the Trim the Tree DSP Stack, but the All is Calm suite of colors would be beautiful too. Here is a closer look at the cards:







The cards did not take that long to make (as long as you don't have a 1-year-old climbing on your back while you're making them, true story). They are 3X3, which is the perfect size to go with a little gift, I think. And... here comes the icing on the cake....



Envelopes! These envelopes are made out of the Festive Designer Kraft Paper Rolls (which happen to be on sale right now!). The paper is so pretty, and just the right weight for making envelopes. I used the Envelope Punch Board to make them the perfect size for my cards.

I hope my husband likes the little gifts I got him. I am probably more excited about the cards and envelopes than the gifts, honestly! One of the gifts is a little photo album, which I'll share another time (it's not finished yet). I used another item that's on sale right now, the Mini Memories Simply Created Album Kit. It's a retired product, but I knew having all the pieces to put together a little album would make it much easier and faster than me creating a new one. I will even have extra pieces left over - even better!

Here are the supplies I used, and make sure to order your 12 Days of Christmas stamp set before they are no longer available!

Stamps: 12 Days of Christmas, Endless Wishes
Ink: Pistachio Pudding, Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler, Sahara Sand, Early Espresso, Crisp Cantaloupe
Paper: Trim the Tree DSP Stack, Whisper White, Pistachio Pudding, Sahara Sand, Cherry Cobbler, Festive Designer Kraft Paper Rolls
Accessories & Tools: Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, Hearts Border Punch, Sweetheart Punch, Rhinestones, Banner Punch, Envelope Punch Board

I hope to share some sneak peeks of the new Occasions and Sale-a-bration Catalogs next week. If you want an earlier peek, like my Facebook page, where I'll be sharing my first Sale-a-bration pick this evening.

Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment