Sunday, November 6, 2022

Creation Station: Fun & Fancy Folds

It's the first Sunday of the month, and time for another Creation Station blog hop! This month's theme is Fun & Fancy Folds.
 

 

For my project, I created a card using one of my very favorite fun folds. I love this fold for two reasons:
  1. It's easy!
  2. It really shows off the Designer Series Paper.
 


Start with a piece of coordinating cardstock that is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Pick your favorite Designer Series Paper and cut to 5 1/4" x 11 1/2". Score on the long side at 3 1/2" and 7 1/2". You'll adhere the middle section to your cardstock. Fold the slightly shorter piece in first, and then the last section will fold over the top and you should have an even edge of your cardstock on all sides. 
 

I chose to use the Santa Express Memories & More Cards to decorate the inside of my card. Perhaps you noticed, but there is actually no stamping on my card today! Fancy does not have to take long or require many products.
 

For the front of the card, I cut a cardstock belly band that measures 1 1/2" x 9 1/2". You can play around with the width of the band depending on how you want the front of your card to look. I used the Scalloped Contours Dies and cut the greeting from another Memories & More card for my focal point. The Rhinestones are colored with the Dark Poppy Parade Stampin' Blends Marker so that they match the red in the paper.
 
 

If you like this card, make sure you've joined my email list. I've been treating my email subscribers to a 12 Weeks of Christmas video and tutorial series, and next week I'll be sharing some different versions of this card. 
 
Thank you for stopping by today. It's time to hop along to the next designer! I'm sure Julie Beltramo has designed something beautiful to inspire you.
 

 
Happy Stamping!
Rachel 

4 comments: