Friday, May 28, 2021

Have a Wild Summer!

As promised, today I am sharing the gifts I made for the teachers at school to thank them for a good year. I used the Wild Cats stamp set and some clever masking to come up with the tags for these cute gift bags!
 

The template for this gift bag comes from Ronda Wade. It's a pretty easy design that can be used with any patterned paper! 
 
You'll need a piece of cardstock measuring 3 1/2" x 3 1/2". Score each side at 1/2". Cut up one score line on each side to create tabs, and then use a strong adhesive like Stampin' Seal+ or Tear & Tape on the tabs to create the bottom of the bag. It will look like the bottom of a small box.
 


Next, cut a piece of Designer Series paper 6" x 12". Put Stampin' Seal+ or Tear & Tape along one of the short sides and one of the long sides. The long side will wrap around the bottom of your cardstock "box". Go slow so that you don't get any "bubbles" in your paper. When you've wrapped the paper all the way around, there will be some left that overlaps. This is the short side that you already put adhesive on. Let it fall into place and press to hold the adhesive. 
 



Pinch the top sides of your bag together, and punch a circle with a circle punch in the size you'd like. I used a 3/4" Circle Punch. This is where you will tie your ribbon through.
 



Finally, design a tag for the front of your bag. These bags are perfect for any occasion - birthday, Christmas, a little appreciation gift... In these we put some chocolates and a Sonic gift card.
 

One more note about my stamping - I did use a retired alphabet set - Skinny Mini Alphabet - to spell 'SUMMER'. You could also use the Playful Alphabet Dies. I found that the die-cut letters were just a little bit too wide for my tag, and I needed something quick and easy because I was putting these together last minute! The sentiment in the stamp set says "Have a wild birthday". I masked off the "birthday" before inking the stamp. Same with the "you're the beast" - I masked off the thanks before inking (although it was appropriate in this instance, I liked how the sentiments flowed better without it). I used the Tailor Made Tags Dies to make a little tag for each teacher's name.
 

I hope you enjoyed this project! I just love the funny play on words, and the teachers loved these too! Here is a full list of supplies I used:

Stamps: Wild Cats, Skinny Mini Alphabet (retired)
Ink: Crushed Curry, Memento Black
Paper: Blushing Bride, Evening Evergreen, Basic White, Pattern Party DSP, In the Wild DSP
Embellishments: Blushing Bride Metallic Ribbon, Evening Evergreen Open Weave Ribbon
Tools: Hippo & Friends Dies, Tailor Made Tags Dies, Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine, 3/4" Circle Punch (retired)
Adhesives: Stampin' Seal+, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment