Wednesday, May 26, 2021

A Day in the Life...

 

Today's post is a little bit different. I always think it's fun when bloggers give you a peek into their daily lives and I thought - why not do that here? I hope it gives you some insight into how I run my Stampin' Up! business and perhaps you'll learn a little bit more about me. I give you permission - be a stalker today, haha! 

Yesterday I "journaled" my different activities - so here you go!

5:45 AM: This is the time I set my alarm for every day. Today I had it set a bit earlier because we had to get out the door for kids' dentist appointments. Unfortunately I was moving a little slowly this morning because I was up with my 2-year-old from 2:30-3:30 AM.
 
I did a quick check of my Facebook notifications, email, and Stampin' Up! site as I made my morning caffeinated beverage. (I'm not a coffee drinker, but I still like my caffeine! I drink the Walmart brand Pomegranate Lemonade every morning - it's like a Crystal Light packet.)

6:30 AM: After showering and getting ready, I had about 2 minutes to hop on the computer and start this post. That was all I got before it was breakfast time and working on getting everyone else ready to get out the door. 

7:15 AM: I headed out to take the kids to the dentist, and then drop the older two off at school.

9:00 AM: Back home, and the younger two kids are settled in playing outside. I took a few minutes to register for BackStage, which is the Stampin' Up! leaders' event that will take place in August. It's virtual again this year, and my second opportunity to attend. I LOVED my first one last year! Registration opened this morning, so I had to sign up right away!

9:15 AM: The box with my club orders arrived, so I unloaded and sorted it.

9:30 AM: In between washing mud off of kids.... I scheduled a Facebook post.
Then the kids moved to playing inside, and I cleaned up in the kitchen.
 
10:15 AM: I scheduled another Facebook post, and then took the kids to the library to pick up and drop off some books and movies. Of course we had to read a few when we got home!
 
11:00 AM: Lunchtime. We ate leftovers, which is pretty typical.
 
11:30 AM: As you may have guessed from my blog name, "naptime" is when I do a lot of my stamping. None of my kids nap any more, but we still have a quiet time/rest time after lunch, and that's a consistent time when I try to get stamping stuff done. 

Today I typed up the tutorial for this month's Simple Card Class and sent it to my team members via email and our Facebook group. Then I worked on teacher gifts - the last day of school is tomorrow. Watch for a blog post on those later this week!
 
1:00 PM: One of my team members/customers stopped by to pick up a card packet from my class on Saturday, so I chatted with her for a few minutes.

1:15 PM: Rest time is over. I read books to the kids again for a few minutes, then they went to play and I went back to working on the teacher gifts.

1:30 PM: My upline goes live in our Facebook group every Tuesday, and I caught her live today! She showed us all of the stuff she got on the incentive trip - so much fun!
 
While I watched, the kids played a game and I kept working on teacher gifts.
 
2:30 PM: We left to run a few errands and pick the older two up from school.
 
3:45 PM: Time to get dinner in the oven. We're having porcupine meatballs and mashed potatoes. This is a recipe from my grandma - love making her recipes because it brings back good memories of her!
 
4:30 PM: Dinner is in the oven. My husband took a few of the kids to the store, and I am putting in an order for a customer, and scheduling a post or two for Facebook tomorrow. Then it's back to finishing up dinner.
 
5:15 PM: Dinnertime. Everyone eats without too many complaints.

5:45 PM: We all get changed and ready to go to the graduation and closing service at my kids' school.

6:15 PM: Out the door again. We attended the service and a reception for the eighth grade graduates. Then we visited for far too long with other parents. It was a late night for the kids, but fun!

9:00 PM: Bedtime for the kids went pretty quickly tonight, since it was an hour and a half past their normal bedtime!

After the kids were in bed, we watched a little TV before heading to sleep ourselves. Diners, Drive-ins and Dives is our current choice.

So there you have it. Yesterday was a pretty typical day although perhaps a little busier than normal. This is how I work my business - it is interspersed throughout the day and I work for a minute here and there when I can. It drives me CRAZY some days, and it's a constant battle to find the right balance between my business and my family. I love them both! 

Make sure you come back tomorrow to see how those gifts for the teachers turned out, and thanks for reading today!

Happy Stamping!
Rachel



No comments:

Post a Comment