Thursday, January 28, 2021

#GDP276: Trust Me, You're Lovely

Have you gotten any of the True Love DSP yet? It was one of the first things I ordered from this new catalog - what's not to love about black and white paper?! Even better - some of the patterns lend themselves to coloring, and this week's challenge at Global Design Project inspired me to get out my Stampin' Blends and color away!
 

I sometimes find a challenge to CASE the designer harder than other challenges. But I have been following Connie since she was on the Artisan Design Team and her cards are always so detailed and beautiful. So coloring and fussy cutting was just what I needed to do for this challenge. Here's my card:
 

The flowers are colored and cut out from the True Love DSP, and the background paper is from the same package. I chose Magenta Madness as my pop of color - it's one of my current favorites! 
 

A few other details - the sentiment is from the Lovely You stamp set, also fussy cut. I used the gold thread from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack, and those sparkly little gems are the new Opal Rounds. They have just a glimmer of gold in some light, and they played well with the gold thread.
 

Here's a full list of supplies:
Stamps: Lovely You
Ink: Memento Black, Stampin' Blends: Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Magenta Madness
Paper: Magenta Madness, Basic White, True Love DSP
Embellishments: Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack, Opal Rounds
Adhesives: Stampin' Seal, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment