Thursday, September 6, 2018

Back to School Teacher Treats

Today I'm sharing the treat I made for the teachers at my daughter's school to celebrate the beginning of the school year. School has started, but it's never too late to give a teacher a little thank you gift! (And if I'm being real, these did not get delivered the first day of school. Or even the first week. Having a baby in the house is severely side-tracking my timeline for getting things done!)




To make the boxes, I followed a tutorial from Erica Cerwin for making a box of any size. The tutorial begins about 26 minutes into the video. Want to see what's inside?




I also got this idea from Erica Cerwin. She makes the cutest 3D projects, and always has the best treats! If you are looking for an everyday treat that's not back to school specific, the regular Little Debbie cakes are the same size and will fit perfectly in this box.


Here are the measurements for my box:
The base is 7 1/2 inches by 4 3/4 inches. On the long side, score at 1 1/4 inches and 6 1/4 inches. On the short side, score at 1 1/4 inches and 3 1/2 inches.
The top is 6 1/2 inches by 3 3/4 inches. On the long side, score at 3/4 inches and 5 3/4 inches. On the short side, score at 3/4 inches and 3 inches. For directions on assembly, see the link above for Erica Cerwin's tutorial.


A few tips for putting the box together - definitely use a strong adhesive! I used some of my retired Fast Fuse Adhesive, but the lids still kept popping apart. I finally reinforced them with Scotch tape on the inside. Tear and Tape Adhesive would be another option. Which brings me to my next tip - Erica always makes the lids of her boxes just slightly bigger than the bottom of the box, and then it's not such a tight fit. I forgot to do that on mine, and I think that contributed to the adhesive not sticking as well.


I thought the sentiment from Treehouse Adventure was perfect for the start of school - Let the Adventure Begin! I used retired ribbon on these, but the 3/8" Mini Ruffled Ribbon would be perfect here too.





Stamps: Treehouse Adventure
Ink: Call Me Clover
Paper: Crumb Cake, Call Me Clover, Whisper White, Animal Expedition DSP
Accessories & Tools: Starburst Punch, Layering Circles Framelits, Big Shot, 1/2" Finely Woven Ribbon (retired)


Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment