Friday, June 1, 2018

#GDP140: Lovely Floral Watercolor Card

You are going to get two posts from me today, because I just couldn't miss out on the chance to participate in the Global Design Project challenge this week! They are choosing a winner this week to be a guest designer for 6 months, and I would love that opportunity!


The challenge was to CASE this card by Brian King.




I chose to use the floral element in the bottom left corner, the friend theme of the card, and the pink and green color scheme.


This is the first time I've used the Lovely Floral Dynamic Impressions Textured Embossing Folder. I water-colored with a few new colors, and a few returning colors - Granny Apple Green, Petal Pink, Flirty Flamingo, and a little So Saffron for the center of the large flower. I used an Aquapainter with a light touch on my cardstock. Our Whisper White cardstock is not ideal for water-coloring because it pills easily, but you can use it if you are careful. I added a few of the Share What You Love Artisan Pearls as flower centers to finish the card.




Stop back later for another post featuring my top ten favorites from the new Annual Catalog, and make sure to check out the Global Design Project for more creative ideas!


Stamps: Love What You Do
Ink: Tuxedo Black, Granny Apple Green, Flirty Flamingo, Petal Pink, So Saffron
Paper: Whisper White, Flirty Flamingo
Accessories & Tools: Lovely Floral Dynamic Impressions Textured Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Aquapainter, Share What You Love Artisan Pearls


Happy Stamping!
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Rachel! I love how you've colored this embossed image. Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with my CASE the Designer at GDP this week.

    ReplyDelete