Friday, June 24, 2016

Happy 5th Anniversary!

I have a special card to share with you today. My husband and I are celebrating our 5th anniversary today! Five years have flown by, and we have been so blessed!





I don't know what the traditional color or gift is for 5 years, so I went with gold for something fancy (and wine from the winery we visited on our honeymoon to Hawaii for the gift - yum!).




I thought a shaker card would be fun, and the new foam adhesive strips made it really easy. Here's a short tutorial if you've never made a shaker card. It's much easier than you would think!


The first step is to cut a square window out of your cardstock. The easiest way to do this is to use the Square Layering Framelits, but you could also use your paper cutter.




Next, cut a slightly larger square out of the Window Sheets. Again, the easiest way to do this is by using the Square Layering Framelits. I just picked the next largest size.




Now you need to attach the Window Sheet to your cardstock. You can do this by cutting the Foam Adhesive Strips to size and overlap the edge of the Window Sheet and the cardstock.





I also added a strip at the bottom of my cardstock to help attach it to my card base. Our Stampin' Dimensionals are not quite as thick as the adhesive strips, and I wanted some more support for that layer.




The next step is to add the shaker element. I chose some of our Metallic Sequins and some confetti punched with the Sprinkles Punch.




Finally, remove the backing from the adhesive strips and lay another piece of cardstock on top to close up the shaker card. You're left with the finished product, which pops a big wow factor!




I hope you're inspired to create your own shaker card. I'd love to see what you create!


Stamps: Number of Years
Ink: VersaMark
Paper: Pop of Pink Specialty DSP, Whisper White
Accessories & Tools: Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Large Number Framelits, Square Layering Framelits, Big Shot, Window Sheets, Foam Adhesive Strips, Metallics Sequin Assortment, Sprinkles Punch


Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment