Monday, November 3, 2014

Curvy Keepsake Box: Turkey Treat Holder

I hope you all had a happy and safe Halloween weekend! We had a Jack-o-lantern pizza from Papa Murphy's, and caramel apples for dessert on Halloween evening. My in-laws had dinner with us, and then we got the kids into costumes. My daughter was a giraffe, and my son was Tigger. The costumes were adorable, and warm enough for a cool night of trick-or-treating. Last year it was really cold and rainy, so we enjoyed the clear night with just a little chill in the air. The kids loved trick-or-treating, and they really hauled in the candy! Watching their excitement was the real treat for me. My daughter kept asking for more trick-or-treating after each house we stopped at, in between looking up at the sky and saying, "I see moon!" and running up and down the sidewalk. Many priceless memories that I will remember for a long time.

Now that Halloween is over, it's time to start planning and decorating for the next holiday, Thanksgiving. Today's project is certainly fitting for that! Take a look at this little turkey, created out of the Curvy Keepsake Box!



Isn't he cute? I got the idea for him here. It's a little time-consuming to cut all of his parts, but the Big Shot and an assortment of punches make the task pretty easy.


Do you recognize that stamp? It's from the October Paper Pumpkin kit! I didn't think I had any appropriate Thanksgiving stamps that would be small enough, but then I remembered this one. It was perfect!

The Curvy Keepsake Box is so versatile. Look it up on Pinterest, and you'll see what I mean. I am going to keep creating with it, and I'll share the projects I come up with on here.

Stamps: October 2014 Paper Pumpkin
Ink: Cajun Craze, Chocolate Chip
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Hello Honey, Blackberry Bliss, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla, Real Red
Accessories & Tools: Curvy Keepsake Box Thinlits Dies, Feathers Framelits, Big Shot, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Owl Builder Punch, Triangle Punch, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack (heart), Neutrals Candy Dots (Basic Black), Burlap Ribbon (pulled apart), Sponge Daubers

Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment