Friday, February 28, 2014

Banner Blast Birthday

One of my nephews has a birthday coming up next week, and he's turning 10! I have been wanting to use the new Banner Blast stamp set from the SAB catalog, and a birthday card seemed like the perfect place for banners. I chose my color scheme based on one of my nephew's favorite teams, the Green Bay Packers.





A few tips:
  • I used Stampin' Dimensionals to pop the numbers up in the middle. Because the numbers are so narrow, I cut each dimensional in half and stacked them so they were twice as high.
  • I didn't have any Garden Green paper in my stash, so I cut the numbers out in Whisper White and colored them with my Garden Green marker.
  • I also do not have the Garden Green ink pad yet, so I used the marker to color the stamps. This is a great trick that works really well when you don't have all the colors!
Stamps: Banner Blast, Sassy Salutations
Ink: Garden Green, Crushed Curry
Paper: Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, Crushed Curry
Accessories & Tools: Alphabet Bigz Dies, Big Shot, Banner Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment