Thursday, April 15, 2021

Perennial Petals Cards

The cards I have to share with you today are bright, cheery, and fun - which I think is exactly what million sales achiever Dena Rekow was going for when she designed the Perennial Petals stamp set. I paired this bundle with the Sweet Little Valentines Cards & More. Take a look:
 

These little cards are fun on their own, but can also be cut in half and used as patterned paper on your cards. For this first card, I simply mounted the front of the card onto Gold Foil, added it to a Thick Basic White card base, and then stamped and fussy cut my sentiment. A few Champagne Rhinestones were the finishing touch.
 

For the next card, I cut one of the note cards in half again, but this time I layered both pieces on my card base. I used more stamps and dies from the Perennial Petals Bundle, with Gold Foil accents and more Champagne Rhinestones.
 

And for the final card, I used the note cards as intended. Quick and easy, but oh so beautiful!
 

I've been asked if there is a die to cut out the word 'happy'. There is not, but fussy cutting it is fairly easy with this tip from demonstrators Melody Hyde and Erica Cerwin: draw a pencil line around the image or word you want to cut out to give you a guide for cutting. I did this in two of the samples above - can you tell which one I did freehand? It really does make a difference! I also highly recommend using our Paper Snips - they cut like a dream!


Consider adding the Sweet Little Valentines cards to your next order. They're inexpensive and so pretty! 
 

Here is a full list of the supplies I used:

Stamps: Pretty Perennials
Ink: Petal Pink, Melon Mambo, Pool Party, Calypso Coral
Paper: Thick Basic White, Basic White, Gold Foil, Sweet Little Valentines Cards & More
Embellishments: Champagne Rhinestones
Tools: Perennial Petals Dies, Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
Adhesives: Stampin' Seal, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment