Thursday, April 9, 2020

#tgifc258: A Watercolor Rainbow

Today's card was inspired by the color challenge at TGIF Challenges - a rainbow color challenge!



When I was younger, I had a book called "Rachel's Rainbow", and I have always loved rainbows. I couldn't think of a better stamp set to pair with the rainbow theme than Under My Umbrella!


I've seen so many pretty water-colored cards recently, so I've been itching to watercolor. There are a couple of different ways to do this. My favorite is to press a clear block directly into the ink pad, and then use an Aquapainter to pick up the ink from the block.


I water-colored three different parts of this card - the background is a watercolor wash of Blueberry Bushel. The umbrella was heat embossed in white and water-colored with Gorgeous Grape, Pineapple Punch, and Blueberry Bushel. And finally - for the hearts I did smaller areas of color on Watercolor Paper - Lovely Lipstick, Grapefruit Grove, Pineapple Punch, and Call Me Clover - and then cut out with the Be Mine Stitched Dies. 


I used just the 2018-2020 In Colors, plus Gorgeous Grape, for this card. They make a great rainbow, don't you think?



If you like these colors, make sure to grab them soon! They'll be retiring with this catalog at the beginning of June, but will probably start to sell out once the retiring list is published later this month. Here is a full list of supplies:

Stamps: Under My Umbrella
Ink: Blueberry Bushel, Call Me Clover, Gorgeous Grape, Grapefruit Grove, Lovely Lipstick, Pineapple Punch, White Craft Ink
Paper: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Grapefruit Grove, Watercolor Paper
Embellishments: Linen Thread
Tools: Rectangle Stitched Dies, Be Mine Stitched Dies, Umbrella Builder Punch, Aquapainter, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool
Adhesives: SNAIL, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

Happy Stamping!
Rachel 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the watercoloring! Thanks for joining TGIF Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete