Friday, August 15, 2014

Fancy Friday: A Holiday Catalog Preview

I'm calling today 'Fancy Friday' because this card is definitely a little time-consuming! But it turned out so pretty, and Christmas is still 4 months away, so I decided to make it my Christmas card for this year. I only have about 130 of them to make... 



Yeah, my husband looked at me like I was crazy when I told him this was our Christmas card this year. In the back of my mind, I know it's a little crazy. But I just love it so much, and it really captures the specialness (yes, I made that word up) of the season. So here's to working on Christmas cards for the next 4 months!

A few details about the card: the image and greeting are both heat-embossed in gold. I used Aqua-Painters to color the sky and Mary, and my Cajun Craze marker for the stable and Joseph. The card is CASEd from the Holiday Catalog. It's not an exact replication, but that's where my inspiration came from. I hope you like it! (And, if you're local, you can make this card in my upcoming Christmas Card class!)

Stamps: The Newborn King
Ink: Versamark, Cajun Craze, Lost Lagoon
Paper: Lost Lagoon, Brushed Gold, Whisper White, Watercolor Paper
Accessories & Tools: Aqua-Painters, Rhinestones, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Big Shot, Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Project Life Corner Punch

Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment