Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Peaceful Petals ~ Thinking of You

Happy Wednesday! Is anyone else glad when Wednesday comes and the weekend is just that much closer? I stay at home with my kids, but I still enjoy the weekend as much as when I was working, if not more. It means my husband is home (and usually not working) and we have time for family and projects around the house. (And I don't have to work at getting two kids to nap at roughly the same time all by myself!)

Today's card is another one from my Stamp Camp this past weekend. It uses the Peaceful Petals stamp set again, as well as paper frpm the Fresh Prints Paper Stack. I'd say it's one of my favorite patterns in the stack, but I've had a hard time picking favorites - they're all great!

 
A few tips:
  • I stamped the flower in Sahara Sand on a piece of scrap paper, then stamped it again on my cardstock without re-inking. That makes the image a little lighter, serving as the perfect backdrop for the greeting.
  • I attached my ribbon with sticky strip. I've tried using other adhesives, but in my opinion, the sticky strip is the best for ribbon.
  • The card is a normal size, 8 1/2" by 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4". To create the second fold, I turned the paper to the opposite side after making the first score, and scored again at 2 1/8".
  • The largest box, in Coastal Cabana, is 3 1/4". The next one is 3", and the smallest one is 2 1/2".
 
Stamps: Peaceful Petals
Ink: Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake
Paper: Crumb Cake, Coastal Cabana, Whisper White, Fresh Prints DSP Stack
Accessories & Tools: Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Natural Chevron Ribbon, Sticky Strip
 
Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment