Saturday, May 2, 2020

#GDP238: Ombre Card Collection

The sketch challenge this week at Global Design Project provided a lot of inspiration for me! So much inspiration that I created 4 cards using it - all the same but in different colors. I had to decide which one to use as my entry for the challenge, so I went to my Facebook followers and asked them to vote. It was pretty much a tie between two colors - do you want to see which one I chose?!



 


The blue/green combo was the winner, simply because I liked the placement of the rhinestones better. Purple is my favorite color, so that one was a close second!



And I created this card in two other colors too!




Leave a comment and let me know which color is your favorite. I've listed all of my supplies below. Each card was done with a watercolor wash using an Aqua Painter and 2-3 inks. I started at the bottom and worked my way up, so that the deeper color would fade into a lighter color. Don't you love the ombre look?



I think this photo is my favorite - the colors are so bright and vibrant! The sentiment comes from the Strong & Beautiful stamp set, and I had four of my very good friends in mind when I created these cards. Thank you for stopping by today. I hope I've inspired you to go and create something bold and beautiful!

Stamps: Strong & Beautiful
Ink: Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather, Crushed Curry, Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, Melon Mambo, Flirty Flamingo, Stampin' Blends Markers: Dark Bermuda Bay, Dark Highland Heather, Dark Flirty Flamingo, Dark Daffodil Delight
Paper: Whisper White, Watercolor Paper, Bermuda Bay, Gorgeous Grape, Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo
Embellishments: Whisper White Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon, Holiday Rhinestones, Noble Peacock Rhinestones
Tools: Stitched Labels Dies, Aqua Painter
Adhesives: SNAIL, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stamping!
Rachel 

No comments:

Post a Comment