Saturday, January 11, 2020

#GDP222: Happy Valentine's Day!

It's hard to believe that Valentine's Day is just over a month away! The Valentine's Day products offered in this year's Spring Mini Catalog are just gorgeous, and they really make it easy to put together a pretty card! I followed the sketch at Global Design Project this week to create my design.



What you might not notice at first glance is the very subtle splatter on the white background. I used my Aquapainter and Flirty Flamingo ink - all you have to do is ink up the Aquapainter and make sure it's wet, then flick it. The more ink you add, the more pronounced your splatter. 


This was the first time I tried this technique, and it was a last-minute add to this card. I didn't add too much ink because I didn't want to ruin the card! Next time, I'll experiment with more ink and see what happens.


I've spotted a lot of great designs for this sketch challenge, so make sure you go and check them all out!

Stamps: Heartfelt
Ink: Real Red, Flirty Flamingo
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Sparkle Glimmer Paper, From My Heart Specialty DSP
Embellishments: Rhinestones, Real Red 3/8" Double-Stitched Satin Ribbon, Heart Doilies
Tools: Aquapainter
Adhesives: SNAIL, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stamping!
Rachel 

No comments:

Post a Comment