Monday, July 6, 2020

When in Doubt, Be a Unicorn!

The new Hippo Happiness Bundle is one of my favorites! I used it for the first time on today's card. 




What do you think of the color palette? I used Purple Posy, Magenta Madness, and Blackberry Bliss. I think these are the perfect colors for a unicorn card!


I also paired this bundle with the Rainbow Glimmer Paper. Rainbows and unicorns are a no brainer combination, don't you think? If you look carefully, I die cut the unicorn horn with the glimmer paper! 




I have a few tips for you after making this card:
  • Two step stamps always take a bit of practice for me. So don't give up if you can't get the different pieces lined up correctly the first time! I found that it was easier to stamp the darker part of the unicorn first, and then the larger, lighter piece. (To get the lighter color, I stamped off one time first.) I also found it helpful to look at the samples in the catalog and others I've seen online so that I knew how the stamps should line up. 
  • I used the new Water Painters for the first time for the background. It seems to take more pressure to get water out than it did for the former Aqua Painters. But overall, I liked them!
  • I used my Stampin' Blends Markers to color the Whisper White Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon. I started with Light Magenta Madness, blended into Dark Magenta Madness, then Light Blackberry Bliss, and finally Dark Blackberry Bliss. Multicolored ribbon is so fun!
This bundle is a must have! If you'd like to see more of it, I am featuring it as my product of the week over on my Facebook page this week.



Stamps: Hippo Happiness
Ink: Magenta Madness, Blackberry Bliss, Stampin' Blends Markers: Light & Dark Magenta Madness, Light & Dark Blackberry Bliss
Paper: Purple Posy, Whisper White, Watercolor Paper, Rainbow Glimmer Paper
Embellishments: Whisper White Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon
Tools: Stitched Be Mine Dies, Hippo & Friends Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Water Painters
Adhesives: Stampin' Seal, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Multipurpose Glue

Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment