Monday, July 20, 2020

#GDP250: Watercolor Whale

I am featuring the Whale Done Bundle this week over on my Facebook page, and recently I've seen a few purple whales pop up in our demonstrator group. I love purple, so I decided to try it out on my own card. I used the sketch challenge at Global Design Project as my other inspiration.





A couple of details - I watercolored with Highland Heather ink on Watercolor Paper, and then punched the whale out after it dried. Although I really hate using liquid glue, it's what I would recommend for piecing together the whale. Those pieces are just too little for glue dots! The tiny heart in 'LOVE' is a stamp in the Whale Done stamp set. I fussy cut it and added it on top of the 'O'. 

I kind of love Misty Moonlight with the soft purples. Magenta Madness was my favorite new color at the beginning, but I think Misty Moonlight might be taking its place. Here is the color combination I used.





Stamps: Whale Done
Ink: Highland Heather
Paper: Misty Moonlight, Purple Posy, Whisper White, Balmy Blue, Basic Black, Vellum, Watercolor Paper
Embellishments: Whisper White Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon 
Tools: Versamark, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Seabed Embossing Folder, 2 1/4" Circle Punch, Whale Builder Punch, Water Painters
Adhesives: Stampin' Seal, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Happy Stamping!
Rachel 

7 comments:

  1. Rachel, I love your purple whale! And, he fits perfectly in the sketch with the Seabed embossed background. Thanks for sharing with GDP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card, fantastic color combination! I'll be borrowing this one for certain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colour combo Rachel. Love it !

    ReplyDelete