Tuesday, June 9, 2020

So Proud of You!

Today's card was inspired by one I saw in our demonstrator Facebook group a week or two ago. I don't remember who shared the card, but she used Seaside Spray to color in the flowers from the Jar of Flowers stamp set, and I loved that! I really like the color combination of Seaside Spray with the new in color Misty Moonlight, and I added in a few more colors to create my card. What do you think of this color combination?


I used my Stampin' Blends Markers to color the flowers - you can see a full list of colors below. Did you know that if you leave just a little bit of white on the edge when you color, it helps give the illusion of natural light on the flowers? I learned that tip from one of my team members during a recent team event. This was the first time I tried it, and I think it worked! 


Other tips for using the Jar of Flowers set:
  • The stamps are reversible, so I used the solid image of the smaller jar piece to "color" the water in the jar. I stamped Seaside Spray ink off once for a lighter shade.
  • Make sure to stamp your stems lined up at the top of the jar, not the bottom!
  • If the stems and flowers don't line up perfectly, it's ok! That's the perfect place to tie a ribbon.

I used another new stamp set for the sentiment - A Grand Kid. I obviously don't have any grandkids, but this set has a lot of great sentiments for everyone! You can pair any sentiments you like with the Jar of Flowers stamp set - it's very versatile.


Here is a full list of supplies:
Stamps: Jar of Flowers, A Grand Kid
Ink: Misty Moonlight, Seaside Spray, Memento Black, Stampin' Blends Markers - Light & Dark Seaside Spray, Light & Dark Old Olive, Light & Dark Mango Melody, Dark Misty Moonlight
Paper: Misty Moonlight, Seaside Spray, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Embellishments: Flowers for Every Season Ribbon Combo Pack
Tools: Jar Punch, Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder, Lovely Labels Pick a Punch
Adhesives: SNAIL, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

Happy Stamping!
Rachel  

No comments:

Post a Comment