Wednesday, August 7, 2019

#tgifc223: Blessed to Be Your Friend

This week's TGIF Challenge is a color combo that includes some of my favorite colors, so of course I had to play along!




I also did some heat embossing, for the second time this week! Funny story - when I was making this card this afternoon, I was working on my kitchen counter. The fan was blowing, and I'm sure you think you know where this story is going. No, the embossing powder didn't blow all over the place. I successfully embossed my sentiment, set it down, and the cardstock blew right into the butter dish! Yep, I had to do it a second time. Third if you count the first one that smudged a little. Being a perfectionist in crafting sometimes makes a project take waaaay longer than it should! But I am so happy with the end result, so it was worth it!




I used a few new products on this card. The Scripty embossing folder is probably my favorite out of the new embossing folders this year. I tried to use it with our new blue embossing plate, but in my die cutting machine, that sandwich was actually too thick. I tried a variety of different things, but finally ended up running it through with several additional sheets of cardstock. I will have to play with it some more and figure out what works best.





I also used the To a Wild Rose stamp set. This one is just beautiful all the way around!


Do you have any funny crafting stories to share? Comment and let me know!


Stamps: To a Wild Rose
Ink: Gorgeous Grape, Melon Mambo
Paper: Coastal Cabana, Whisper White, Gold Foil
Embellishments: Gold Faceted Dots
Tools: Versamark, Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Scripty Embossing Folder, Wild Rose Dies, Die Cutting Machine
Adhesives: SNAIL, Stampin' Dimensionals


Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment