Wednesday, January 3, 2018

2018 Word of the Year: Bloom

Wow, it has been since November that I last blogged! Well, it is a new year, and time for a new start.


I thought a good place to start this year would be a post about some of my goals for the year, and the "word of the year" I've chosen. For the last couple of years, I've had a word in mind, but I've never shared publicly. That word was THRIVE. Then 2017 happened. We moved - kind of unexpectedly, we lost a baby to miscarriage, my oldest started kindergarten, and I experienced a hard first trimester of a thankfully healthy pregnancy. And those are just the big things. It was a year of big changes, adjustment, and the word of the year kind of turned into SURVIVE.


So this year I wanted to choose a different word. Maybe some of you have heard the phrase "bloom where you are planted." I thought this was fitting especially because I have not always been content with where I have been "planted." It is a reminder that God puts you in the place where you are for a reason, and with His help, you can do great things! So my word for this year is BLOOM.


I am still using the Love Today Planner, and I wanted to make a page to go in the front with the word BLOOM.





I used the Brushwork Alphabet stamp set, the flowers from the Wood Words stamp set, plus a few accessories from the brand new Sweet Soiree Embellishment Kit. I colored the flowers with Watercolor Pencils and a Blender Pen.


I hope this reminder helps me focus on my goals for this year: first and foremost to take care of my family. God has placed me in a season of life where my husband, children, and home need the majority of my attention, and I want to do my best to fulfill that role. Second, I have long hoped to be chosen for Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team. Instead of focusing on building a business this year, I will focus on making cards and projects to share on my blog. That's it. Two major goals for the year. I have loved reading the goals of my family and friends on social media over the last few days, and I'd love to know what your goals for the new year are, too!


Stamps: Brushwork Alphabet, Wood Words
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: Shimmery White cardstock
Accessories & Tools: Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pens, Sweet Soiree Embellishment Kit


Happy 2018, and happy stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment