Wednesday, November 15, 2017

#TGIFC133 Fall Sketch

I have been a little absent here lately. Sorry about that! I am back today to share one more fall card. This one is the card I made for my husband for Thanksgiving, and I used the sketch challenge over at TGIF Challenges to put it together. Here's the sketch:




And here's my take on it:




I stayed pretty true to the sketch, but that little shape in the corner really stumped me for awhile! I like how it turned out in the end. What do you think?


I also tried a new-to-me technique on this card - heat embossing with regular ink. It's a very subtle addition, but I like the shine it adds! It is hard to capture in a photo, but I tried. The key to this technique is to immediately add your embossing powder after you stamp. The ink needs to be wet to hold the powder. So for my sentiment, I stamped in Early Espresso ink, then added Clear Embossing Powder. A little heat, and voila!




I'll be back after Thanksgiving with everyone's favorite type of projects - Christmas!


Stamps: Painted Harvest
Ink: Early Espresso
Paper: Early Espresso, Crushed Curry, Very Vanilla, Painted Autumn DSP
Accessories & Tools: Touches of Nature Elements, Gold Metallic Thread, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool


Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment