Wednesday, August 11, 2021

What Does a Pineapple Have to Do with Anything?

Today is the first day of school here, and you all know I love to share my teacher gifts! A few weeks ago, I saw a really cute project by demonstrator Marisa Alvarez (Kitchen Table Stamper), and I thought it was just perfect for my first day of school teacher gifts. She had a set of tropical pencils, and had created a little holder with a pineapple tag for them. I did a little bit of looking, but couldn't find any pencils that were similar. I bought some Papermate Flair Pens instead - what teacher doesn't love to write with fun pens?!
 

You can find her measurements here. Even though my pens are probably a bit wider than pencils, and I had two instead of four, they still fit in the holder pretty well! I changed just a few things from the original design:
  • I used retired True Love Designer Series Paper for my wrap around the holder.
  • I used the Sweet Strawberry stamp set for my sentiment.
As I was finishing putting these together last night, I started to think perhaps it was a little strange to have the pineapple tag when the pens have nothing to do with pineapples. Neither does the sentiment. But. The pineapple was really cute. So I just went with it. And I love how they turned out!
 

Here is a full list of the supplies I used, and remember, you can follow Marisa's tutorial here.
Stamps: Sweet Strawberry
Ink: Memento Black
Paper: Crushed Curry, So Saffron, Garden Green, Flirty Flamingo, Basic White, True Love DSP (retired), Stampin' Blends Markers: Dark So Saffron
Embellishments: Metallic Pearls, White Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon
Tools: In the Tropics Dies, Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
Adhesives: Tear & Tape, Stampin' Seal+, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals
 
Happy Stamping!
Rachel 


No comments:

Post a Comment