Wednesday, June 23, 2021

#GDP297: You Are Unique

It's been a long while since I participated in a Global Design Project challenge, but I needed to create something that wasn't for a class, and I love a good color challenge! Here are the colors for this week's challenge:

I am featuring the Friends Are Like Seashells Bundle on Facebook this week, and I wanted to incorporate that into my design. Kill two birds with one stone, right? Well, these colors didn't exactly scream seashore.... but I made it work, and I kind of love how it turned out! Take a look:
 

This bundle comes with a large die that coordinates with some of the stamped images, as well as an embossing folder. The greenery was trimmed from that large die. The shells are stamped in Blackberry Bliss, and I used a Blender Pen to add a little bit more color to the small one. The starfish is stamped in Fresh Freesia.
 

The sentiment label is cut from the Potted Succulent Dies - it was the perfect fit for this sentiment! And don't you love how striking the white embossing is on a dark color like Blackberry Bliss? I sure do! I finished the card off with a few of the Artistry Blooms Sequins.
 

This card was so fun to make! When I'm designing for classes, I tend to make simpler cards, or stick to a certain group of products. I didn't think about any of that while making this card, and just used whatever I wanted! The creative time was just what I needed. 
 

Here is a full list of the supplies I used:
Stamps: Friends Are Like Seashells
Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Fresh Freesia
Paper: Thick Basic White, Basic White, Blackberry Bliss, Pear Pizzazz, 2021-2023 In Color DSP
Embellishments: Artistry Blooms Sequins
Tools: Seaside Seashells Dies, Potted Succulents Dies, Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine, Versamark, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Blender Pens
Adhesives: Stampin' Seal+, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment