Friday, January 4, 2019

Flowering Desert Desk Calendar

Flowering Desert is my favorite stamp set in the new Occasions Catalog! I am using it to slowly make desk calendars for my customers. I followed the template Erica Cerwin uses - a piece of 4 1/4 x 11" cardstock, folded in half. Then add a piece of 4 x 4" cardstock scored at 1/2", 2", and 3 1/2". That piece just adds stability and helps the calendar stand up better. On this calendar, I used our Thick Whisper White cardstock, which I think works really well! The calendar is from Taylored Expressions.




You might also notice the shiny paper I used on the scalloped oval. That is the Grapefruit Grove Foil Paper, one of the Level 1 Sale-A-Bration choices. It is seriously shiny! I also used the Gingham Gala Adhesive Backed Sequins. Although these are both Grapefruit Grove, I thought the shine gave them more of a pinkish hue, so I went with Flirty Flamingo for the ribbon and the sentiment. I love how Stampin' Up! stuff always matches!


Stamps: Flowering Desert
Ink: Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green
Paper: Thick & Regular Whisper White, Grapefruit Grove Foil (SAB), Brights 6 x 6" DSP
Accessories & Tools: Gingham Gala Adhesive Backed Sequins, Layering Ovals Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Big Shot, All My Love Ribbon Combo Pack


Happy Stamping!
Rachel

2 comments: