Monday, August 15, 2016

A Time of Transition

Today's card is a really special one. It is for my father-in-law, who will be retiring at the end of this month. He has been a pastor for 39 years, and my pastor for the past four. Yesterday our church had a special service for him, and at the end of the month, my in-laws will be moving 7 hours down the road. What makes this transition really hard is that for 10 1/2 of the last 12 months, they lived with us. They only recently moved back into their own house.


While I can't share the reasons why they were living with us, I will say that it was challenging and stressful at times. It was also a wonderful time when my kids got to wake up and eat breakfast with their grandparents, or play with them in the backyard, or say bedtime prayers together. What would have been impossible for many people actually worked pretty well for us.


So this is a time of transition. Time to get used to living in our own house again. Time to get used to parents/grandparents living more than a 20-minute drive down the road. Time to pray for a new pastor who will shepherd our church as well as my father-in-law did.


I hope this card is special enough to convey the feelings of appreciation and love that we have for him. Let me know what you think!






Stamps: Wild About Flowers, Blessed by God (retired)
Ink: Dapper Denim
Paper: Dapper Denim, Whisper White, Copper Foil (sneak peek!), Irresistibly Floral Specialty DSP
Accessories & Tools: Layering Ovals Framelits, Big Shot, Sponge Daubers, Versamark, Copper Embossing Powder, Heat Tool


Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment