Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Spring Online Retreat Recap

I thought we would do something fun today and recap the online retreat I did last month. This was the first time I tried this, and it was a lot of fun! I'm planning to do a Christmas-themed retreat in November, and I hope a lot of you will join me!
So what exactly is an 'online' retreat? Well, imagine you were going to an in-person retreat. You'd probably expect a table to work at, an entire day to craft and work on projects, and some fun surprises thrown in. The online version is pretty similar, but you're working in your own space, and you can decide which day you want to do it. I have a set day that I will post in a private Facebook group, but if that day doesn't work for you, you can come back and look through everything later.
The retreat has a base fee. Your fee includes a goody bag with $25 worth of product - this time it included the Needlepoint Nook Mini Buttons, Old Olive Linen Thread, a sheet of Stampin' Dimensionals, a package of Pearls, and half a package of Needlepoint Nook DSP. The fee also includes some make and take projects. This time, it was 8 cards using the Needle & Thread Bundle. The bundle wasn't included in the retreat fee, but could be added on. I also supplied a list of inks that you would need to complete the cards. The products included in the goody bag were used on the cards, with some extras left over for your own projects. Here are a few of the cards that were included in the make and takes.


I also included a fun pillow gift in each package. Who else likes to eat chocolate when they craft?!


On the day of the retreat, I posted in our private Facebook group. There were several sets of videos showing how to put the make and take cards together. There were prize patrols! I gave away the Happiness Blooms Memories & More Card Pack, a package of Corrugated Elements, and a Share What You Love Embellishment Kit. The posts were spread out throughout the day to give time to work on the make and takes, as well as your own projects.

I also had two optional add-on classes that you could purchase. One was a 12 x 12" sampler featuring the His Grace stamp set.
The other was a card class featuring the Little Elephant Bundle and Twinkle Twinkle DSP. (I am offering this as a class to go right now if you are interested.)
Everyone who purchased the online retreat really enjoyed it and said they would definitely be interested in the next one. I can't wait to see the Holiday Catalog and plan some beautiful projects for you!


Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment