Thursday, May 18, 2017

#TGIFC107 Hugs for a Great Friend

This week, I am participating in the TGIF Challenges theme challenge, a sympathy or get well card.




I love all of my retiring products, but those new ones are just so fun to play with! I had to pull out the Lovely Words Thinlits and the Lovely Inside & Out stamp set for this challenge because I thought they fit the theme perfectly. I didn't think I needed this bundle from the new catalog, but then Stampin' Up! shared a video with demonstrators that showed samples using these products, and I couldn't resist any longer!


 

Today's card is actually a fancy fold card. Check it out!





To recreate it, cut an 8" x 8" square of cardstock. Then score at 4" on both sides, and cut out one of the squares. Easy peasy, and so fun!


It's hard to tell, but I wanted to add a little bit of extra sparkle to match the Glitter Enamel dots, so I got out my Wink of Stella and painted over the "hugs" cut-out. I also used Wink of Stella on my White Baker's Twine. It's very subtle, but adds just a little bit of sparkle, and who doesn't love that?!




The final thing I love about this card? The color combination! Whisper White, Basic Black, Berry Burst, and Powder Pink. You'll be seeing more of those colors around here because it's my new favorite!


I hope you enjoyed today's card, and the sneak peek of all of these fun new products!


Stamps: Lovely Inside & Out
Ink: Powder Pink (stamped off once), Berry Burst
Paper: Whisper White, Berry Burst, Pick a Pattern DSP
Accessories & Tools: Lovely Words Thinlits, Big Shot, Glitter Enamel Dots, White Baker's Twine, Wink of Stella


Happy Stamping!
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love this card! The fun fold is fabulous, & your "Wink of Stella" adds the perfect amount of sparkle to coordinate with those "Glitter Enamel Dots"! So sweet! Thank you so much for joining in with us this week over at TGIF Challenges! We look forward to having you again! 💖

    ReplyDelete