Thursday, February 12, 2015

Hey, Valentine

Yesterday, I shared January's Paper Pumpkin kit, Filled With Love. I couldn't send those treat bags off to my nieces and nephews without making some cute Valentine's Day cards to go with them! From the first time I saw the set Hey, Valentine in the Occasions Catalog, I knew that it would be one that I will be able to use for years to come. The images are great for stamping and letting your kids color to make their own valentines. They're also perfect for kids' birthday cards - just mask the Valentine greeting!


My favorite image in this set is the fish. I decided to make that the focal point of this card. The coordinating Valentine products in the Occasions Catalog made it really easy to put together.



And see? Even though the images are meant for coloring, you don't necessarily have to color them to create a nice card! I did color just the little heart, and then covered it with Crystal Effects to give it some dimension. Have you tried Crystal Effects? I just did recently, and I love it! I know that it has many other uses, but so far I've just used it this way. It creates a little bubble over the image and reminds me of our new Epoxy Stickers. Here's a closer look:


Thanks for stopping by today, and make sure to come back tomorrow for the rest of my Valentine's cards!

Stamps: Hey, Valentine
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Real Red Stampin' Write Marker
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Stacked With Love DSP Stack
Accessories & Tools: Happy Heart EF, Big Shot, Crystal Effects, Gold Baker's Twine

Don't forget! Only a few days left to sign up for my very first Stamps in the Mail kit! Details here.



Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment