Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A Mother's Day Card Using New Blendabilities!

I got my box of sneak peek items from the new catalog on Monday, and I have had the chance to try out a few of them. My new favorite thing is Stampin' Up!'s Blendabilities markers! They are alcohol-based markers that are great for blending (and they totally make you feel like an artist!). I've heard them compared to Copic markers, but I have never used those and I don't know anything about them, so I can't make that comparison. Blendabilities come in 3-packs for $11.95, with three shades of the same color - dark, medium, and light. I ordered Rich Razzleberry, because that is one of my absolute favorite Stampin' Up! colors. When I was telling my husband about the markers (before ordering), I told him they were kind of expensive and I would probably just order one set to try out. Now, after trying them, I want them all! They will be available in select colors in the new catalog, as well as a 6-piece skin tone set. I decided to try them out with another new product, the Blended Bloom stamp, which was created specifically for use with these markers. And since Sunday is Mother's Day, it was the perfect occasion for a card with flowers!

 
This was my first try at using the Blendabilities, so I'm sure it's not perfect, but that's the beauty of these markers (and this stamp). It doesn't have to be perfect to look good! Here is a close-up of one of the flowers.


Watch for a future post with more tips on using Blendabilities. I'm excited to share more!

Stamps: Blended Bloom
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad, Rich Razzleberry Blendabilities, Crushed Curry and So Saffron Stampin' Write Markers
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
Accessories & Tools: Typeset Alphabet Bigz Dies, Big Shot

Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment