Tuesday, September 17, 2019

#tgifc229: You Mean Everything to Me

Today I am playing along with the sketch challenge at TGIF Challenges. It's nice and simple, which I love!




I knew I wanted to use the Stitched Lace Dies for the circle, but other than that, this card turned out completely different than what I had planned in my mind. That's ok - it gave me an idea for a different card to share with you later this week. Here's what I came up with:




The Stitched Lace Dies are not for the faint of heart! Using them requires some patience, but if you use them for a smaller area, like the circle on this card, it's not so bad. I've used them a few times, and running the die through your die-cutting machine multiple times is a must. Three times worked ok, but I did five cranks back and forth for this card, and that was even better. I also highly recommend using the die brush attachment for the Take Your Pick Tool to get all of those little pieces out. Doing those two things, I only had to push two small pieces out when I was done. Note that I also cut the circle out first, and then ran it through with the Stitched Lace Dies. Here's a close up of that detail - it really is a pretty die!




I'll be back on Thursday with more tips for using the Stitched Lace Dies. I hope you enjoyed my card!




Stamps: A Little Lace
Ink: Night of Navy
Paper: Night of Navy, Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand
Embellishments: Designer Elements, Linen Thread, Denim Ribbon
Tools: Stitched Lace Dies, Take Your Pick Die Brush Tip, Die Cutting Machine
Adhesives: Tombow Multipurpose Glue, SNAIL, Stampin' Dimensionals


Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment