Wednesday, October 14, 2015

A Very Merry Christmas

I have the last of my World Card-Making Day cards to share with you today. Surprise! It's another Christmas card!

I've been wanting to try this technique for awhile. Well, it's so simple that maybe it can't even be called a technique. I've seen Erica Cerwin do this on several projects, and it looks so cute! Plus, you can never go wrong with polka dots! (And, if you've never checked out Erica's blog, you should! It's one of my favorite stamping blogs to follow!)


Can you figure out what I did by looking at the picture? It's really simple. All you need is one of our decorative masks and your Stampin' Write Markers. I think the polka dots might look the best, but if you try a different mask, I'd love to see it! (The little stars and hearts would probably look pretty cute, now that I think about it!) In this case, I chose colors similar to what you'd find in the Merry Moments DSP Stack. Then I taped my mask down over the cardstock (you can use washi tape), traced around the circles with my markers and scribble-colored to fill them in. It definitely doesn't need to be perfect. That's part of the charm!

Stamps: Reason for the Season
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Old Olive, Real Red, Soft Suede
Paper: Soft Suede, Whisper White, Garden Green
Accessories & Tools: 2" Circle Punch, Dots & Stripes Decorative Masks

I've just started a new Facebook group - Naptime is Stamptime by Rachel Traudt. I'll be sharing updates, blog posts, class information, and specials there more so than my business page. Click here to join the group!

There is only one more day to order the Nutty Notecards Class to Go. Email me today to reserve yours!


Happy Stamping!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment